We have tried to answer the most commonly asked questions on this page. If you have other questions, or would like to know more, please contact us here.
- Why do we stand when we sing?
- "And the Levites,...of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the Lord God of Israel with a loud voice on high." (II Chronicles 20:19)
- Why do we clap our hands
- "O clap your hands all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph." (Psalm 47:1)
- Why do we lift our hands?
- "Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will life up my hands in Thy name." (Psalm 63:4)
- "Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord." (Psalm 134:2)
- "I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." (1 Timothy 2:8)
- Why do we have audible praise unto God?
- "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me bless His holy name." (Psalm 103:1)
- "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)
- Why do we have this type of worship?
- "But the hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth." (John 4:23-24)
- Why do we sing choruses as well as hymns?
- "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:18-19)
- "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16)
- What is prophecy?
- "...the Lord God hath spoken who can but prophecy?" (Amos 3:8)
- "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification and exhortation and comfort." (1 Corinthians 14:3)
- "Follow after charity and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophecy." (1 Corinthians 14:1)
- "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal....To another the working of miracles to another prophecy." (1 Corinthians 12:7 and 10)
- Why do we have speaking with tongues and interpretation of those tongues?
- "Wherefore, brethen, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." (1 Corinthians 14:39)
- "I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesieth; for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret." (1 Corinthians 14:5)
- "If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and that by course, and let one interpret." (1 Corinthians 14:27)
- Why are musical instruments a part of the worship service?
- "Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet. praise Him with the psaltry and harp. Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. Praise Him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise Him upon the loud sounding cymbals. Praise Him upon the loud sounding cymbals." (Psalms 150:3-5)
- "And I hear a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps." (Revelation 14:2)