Here are some explanations of common terms.
- THE ANOINTING--The presence and the work of the Holy Spirit in a person's life. "But the anointing which you have received of Him abideth in you...(John 2:27)
- TO MINISTER--To serve or help another "...but our sufficiency is of God; who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament..."(II Corinthians 3:5-6)
- SPIRIT-FILLED--To have received the in-filling of the Holy Spirit as demonstrated on the day of Pentecost. "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues as the Spirit gave the utteance."(Acts 2:4)
- ZION--The hill in the Old Testament (in Jerusalem) where God's presence dwelt. God's presence is now in His Church (also called Mt. Zion). "But ye are come unto Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...to the general asembly and church of the first born..."(Hebrews 12:22-23)
- THE GLORY--The manifestation of God presence and splendor to man's spiritual and physical senses. "And it came to pass...that the cloud filled the house of the Lord, so that the priests of the Lord could not stand to minister...for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord." (1 Kings 8:10-11)
- THE BODY--The Church is the Body of Christ on earth. (1 Corinthians 12:12-15)